Freight and Damaged Goods Policy:
We take every precaution to ensure your item arrives to you in pristine condition, however, in the event your item arrives damaged, it is important that you note it on the Bill of Lading before signing it. You must then call or email us immediately, as time is of importance in filing a claim: 936.344.6151 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the item is damaged beyond repair, refuse the shipment and DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING. Once it is back at our facility, we will either repair it or replace it. It is extremely important that any damage is noted on the Bill of Lading at delivery, otherwise this virtually eliminates any recourse with the carrier for a claim. If you choose to accept the freight, you will be responsible for filing any claims with the freight company for damage reimbursement. We will not be responsible for damaged items that are not noted on the BOL. By signing the proof of delivery you accept ownership of the property in its current condition.
A signature and possibly assistance may be required for unloading larger (freight) shipments. We will work with you to arrange a delivery date and time, however, the final details will be between you and the freight carrier.
All Freight shipments will require access for a semi-truck and trailer to deliver. If you live in a limited access area or outside of the delivery area, it may be necessary to pick your product up at the nearest freight terminal. We will not be responsible for additional fees or compensate for deliveries in these areas. If this is a concern in your area, your sales representative will be glad to discuss this with the freight company before the item is purchased.
After placing your order, the shipping company will contact you to schedule a time to drop off your delivery. For this reason, it’s extremely important to provide your main contact number at the time of check out. For freight shipments going to a residential address, the shipping company will call you the day the freight are delivered at the local terminal to schedule a delivery appointment. All residential freight requires an appointment to be delivered. Oftentimes, the estimated delivery date on the website will be incorrect because of the appointment policy. Do not make arrangements to stay home to accept delivery until the shipping company calls you to set an appointment.
Residential deliveries will include lift gate service, this platform is installed at the rear of the truck to expedite the process of unloading your package. The driver will take your delivery off the truck for you, but it is your responsibility to bring it onto your property.
Steps for Handling Freight Shipments
1. Inspect the shipment when it arrives along with the bill of lading (slip of paper the driver will have you sign).
2. Make sure all items are present.
- For example, if your bill of lading states 5 pieces, make sure all 5 pieces are there.
- If not, go ahead and accept the shipment and note how many pieces you actually received vs. how many are short. Then contact us immediately with the details of the missing piece(s).
3. Thoroughly examine all aspects of the freight.
- Damage to the exterior of the package(s):
- If there appears to be damage on the exterior of the package(s), then you have the right to ask for the package(s) to be opened to inspect the contents or to open it yourself to inspect it before signing the bill of lading.
- If the driver refuses to let you inspect the package(s), reject the entire shipment and contact us immediately.
- After inspecting the inside of the package(s) and it appears the product IS NOT DAMAGED, sign for the shipment as received in full.
- You may note damage on exterior of package(s) on the bill of lading.
- If after inspecting the inside of the package you find that the freight IS DAMAGED:
- Reject the entire shipment and contact us immediately.
- No identifiable damage to the package(s):
- It is still recommended that you inspect the contents of the shipment.
- If there isn’t damage to the freight, then go ahead and sign for your shipment as received in full and intact.
- If you later notice damage after the driver is gone, this is considered concealed damage.
- Take photos of the original carton showing no damage and photos of the damage to the goods and email them to us immediately. For concealed damage, a claim must be filed within 48 hours of date of delivery.